Statistics by sector
This page shows funds under management, retail sales and performance figures by IMA sector. IMA sectors divide the funds universe to reflect the asset type, industry sector or geographic regions in which funds are invested.
Statistics by sector - Sector summary - asset type and sector
|IMA Sector||Total funds - £m||Total net retail sales - £m||ISA funds - £m||ISA net sales - £m|
|Asia Pacific Excluding Japan||28,110||198||2,355||13|
|Asia Pacific Including Japan||1,896||1||421||2|
|Europe Excluding UK||40,149||43||6,516||-11|
|Europe Including UK||2,228||-1||499||0|
|European Smaller Companies||4,681||-90||373||-3|
|Global Emerging Markets||19,291||53||1,546||2|
|Global Equity Income||11,692||141||1,785||35|
|Japanese Smaller Companies||304||1||36||0|
|North American Smaller Companies||1,448||-6||182||0|
|Technology and Telecommunications||1,221||-1||235||-1|
|UK All Companies||159,844||-230||34,473||-221|
|UK Equity Income||53,075||1,003||10,890||318|
|UK Smaller Companies||11,468||-96||2,226||-6|
|Global Emerging Markets Bond||2,989||35||66||0|
|£ Corporate Bond||53,930||-48||9,671||-6|
|£ High Yield||9,918||-95||2,081||8|
|£ Strategic Bond||31,910||274||7,077||57|
|UK Index Linked Gilts||4,277||-2||279||3|
|Total Fixed Income||134,521||79||20,610||80|
|Short Term Money Market||4,835||34||40||8|
|Total Money Markets||5,702||51||54||9|
|Mixed Investment 0-35% Shares||5,744||22||928||10|
|Mixed Investment 20-60% Shares||42,591||238||9,035||63|
|Mixed Investment 40-85% Shares||49,231||177||7,060||34|
|UK Equity and Bond Income||2,863||9||1,423||0|
|Total Mixed Asset||117,588||390||21,425||94|
|Targeted Absolute Return||40,229||4||1,178||8|
- Figures: All figures are in £ millions. Figures have therefore been rounded to the nearest £ million. Where a chart shows a value of £0 - this indicates a figure below £500,000.
- ISA figures from January 2008: Figures are based on ISAs provided by fund companies and five platforms (Cofunds, Fidelity, Hargreaves Landsdown, Skandia and Transact). Figures for earlier years cover fewer platforms. The figures do not include ISAs provided by other platforms or where the ISA provider is an intermediary other than a platform. All figures include former PEPs.
- Change from June 2009: from June 2009 figures include an additional group for which figures for prior periods are not yet available.
- All sales and repurchases to funds of funds are included. To avoid double counting, transactions between funds of funds and their underlying funds are excluded. The sector rankings do not include 'Unclassified sector'. These are funds which have chosen not to be classified.
- ISA figures exclude a small number of funds held on fund platforms but not in an IMA sector. These figures are, however, included in the IMA monthly press release tables, unless otherwise footnoted