Statistics by sector
This page shows funds under management, retail sales and performance figures by IMA sector. IMA sectors divide the funds universe to reflect the asset type, industry sector or geographic regions in which funds are invested.
Statistics by sector - Best selling IMA sectors - latest month
|Total||of which ISAs|
|IMA Sector||Net retail sales - £m||Net retail sales - £m|
|UK Equity Income||606||110|
|Mixed Investment 40-85% Shares||217||13|
|Asia Pacific Excluding Japan||165||10|
|Targeted Absolute Return||148||9|
|£ Strategic Bond||82||23|
|Global Emerging Markets||73||6|
|Global Equity Income||52||21|
|Global Emerging Markets Bond||47||0|
|Mixed Investment 0-35% Shares||27||6|
|UK Index Linked Gilts||20||1|
|Europe Including UK||10||-2|
|UK Equity and Bond Income||6||-2|
|£ High Yield||2||-2|
|Asia Pacific Including Japan||0||0|
|Japanese Smaller Companies||-2||0|
|North American Smaller Companies||-3||0|
|Technology and Telecommunications||-7||0|
|Short Term Money Market||-38||1|
|Europe Excluding UK||-61||-27|
|£ Corporate Bond||-100||-23|
|UK Smaller Companies||-116||-27|
|Mixed Investment 20-60% Shares||-123||71|
|European Smaller Companies||-151||-4|
|UK All Companies||-852||-118|
- Figures: All figures are in £ millions. Figures have therefore been rounded to the nearest £ million. Where a chart shows a value of £0 - this indicates a figure below £500,000.
- ISA figures from January 2008: Figures are based on ISAs provided by fund companies and five platforms (Cofunds, Fidelity, Hargreaves Landsdown, Skandia and Transact). Figures for earlier years cover fewer platforms. The figures do not include ISAs provided by other platforms or where the ISA provider is an intermediary other than a platform. All figures include former PEPs.
- Asset types: (Equity, Fixed Income etc) are defined in terms of the IMA sectors included. To see which sectors are allocated to each asset type, see the table 'Statistics by sector - Sector summary - asset type by sector'.
- All sales and repurchases to funds of funds are included. To avoid double counting, transactions between funds of funds and their underlying funds are excluded. The sector rankings do not include 'Unclassified sector'. These are funds which have chosen not to be classified.
- ISA figures exclude a small number of funds held on fund platforms but not in an IMA sector. These figures are, however, included in the IMA monthly press release tables, unless otherwise footnoted