IMA has three categories of membership - "full", "affiliate" and "sector". Full members are defined as firms that undertake investment management in the UK and/or operate UK authorised investment funds. The Association’s full membership is made up of over 200 investment management companies. These include stand-alone investment management groups, the investment management arms of insurance, retail banking and investment banking groups, independent niche providers, and managers of occupational pension schemes.
Benefits of membership include:
- The opportunity to share in strategic thinking about the future of the asset management industry
- Alerts about regulatory developments and the opportunity to input into IMA policy positions on regulatory and other proposals affecting the industry
- Reports and circulars, distributed to members, covering all areas of IMA’s activities;
- Access to the members’ only section of the IMA website, which includes model documentation and industry standards and statistics as well as reciprocal access to other firms’ fund sales data at group or fund level
- The opportunity to raise queries with IMA expert staff
The opportunity to attend members’ meetings, workshops and regular discussion groups, to be briefed on latest developments, learn from other members and discuss matters of mutual concern.
IMA has around 60 affiliate members. Affiliate membership is available to those companies that provide facilities or services to full members of the Association. Affiliate members include fund supermarkets, third party fund administrators, data providers, consultants, and accountancy and law firms. Affiliate members have full access to the IMA website and its comprehensive service of members’ circulars, as well as participating in most of the activities of the IMA.
Benefits of affiliate membership include:
- Access to the members’ only section of the IMA website;
- Reports and circulars, normally only distributed to members covering all areas of IMA’s activities;
- The opportunity to share in strategic thinking about the future of the asset management industry;
- The opportunity to raise queries with IMA staff
Subscriptions are based on market share for full members and a set fee for affiliates.
Sector membership is very limited and designed for those firms who do not wish to participate in any wider industry activities at IMA but wish only to have funds admitted to the IMA Sectors.
To apply for full membership, please complete the Application Form
To apply for affiliate membership, please complete the Application Form
To apply for sector membership, please complete the Application Form
For further information or to clarify eligibility requirements, please contact the Membership Officer on 0207 831 0898 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.