Thursday 13 September 2012
IMA APPOINTS NEW BOARD MEMBERS
Yesterday’s Annual General Meeting (AGM) saw four new appointments to the IMA board:
- Hugh Mullan, UK Managing Director, Fidelity Worldwide Investment
- Mark Zinkula, Chief Executive Officer, Legal & General Investment Management
- Andrew Formica, Chief Executive, Henderson Global Investors
- Andrew Laing, Deputy Chief Executive, Aberdeen Asset Management
The following stood down from the IMA board:
- Helena Morrissey, Chief Executive Officer, Newton Asset Management
- Alain Dromer, former Chief Executive, Aviva Investors
- Bill Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Lazard Asset Management
Douglas Ferrans, IMA Chairman said:
“I look forward to working with the new IMA board and am pleased to have such established industry figures join us. I have every faith that the IMA will go from strength to strength with their help.
“On behalf of the IMA and its board I express the deepest gratitude to Helena, Alain and Bill for their commitment and outstanding contributions to the IMA over the years.”
Notes to Editors
Hugh Mullan has almost two decades of industry experience having worked at Citibank, Schroders and Barclays Wealth Management before joining Fidelity in 2008.
Mark Zinkula was appointed CEO of LGIM last year after having headed their operations in America since 2008. Mark was formerly Global Head of Fixed Income at Aegon Asset Management.
Andrew Formica serves as the Chief Executive and Executive Director of Henderson Group plc. He has been in the fund management industry since 1993 starting out as an Equity Manager and Analyst.
Andrew Laing joined Aberdeen Asset Management in 1986 with responsibility for private equity investment. Andrew was appointed Deputy Chief Executive in 2008. He is also a director of a number of Group subsidiaries.
Andrew Formica and Andrew Laing joined the IMA’s board earlier this year and were formally appointed at yesterday’s AGM.
For further information please contact:
Mona Patel, Head of Communications
020 7831 0898 or 07834 089332
Christina Bridge, Press Assistant
020 7831 0898
About the Investment Management Association
- The IMA is the trade body for the UK's £4.2 trillion asset management industry (retail and institutional) which is one of the world's leading investment management centres.
- Our role is to represent the interests of the asset management industry to government and regulators both in the UK and internationally.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.