Friday 25 January 2013
EU Asset Management industry united on UK Role
Responding to Prime Minister Cameron’s speech on Europe on Wednesday 23 January, Peter de Proft, Director General of EFAMA and Daniel Godfrey, Chief Executive of IMA said:
“EFAMA and IMA strongly believe that Asset Management in the EU benefits hugely from the UK industry’s involvement, both commercially and from its positive influence in the shaping of regulation. We also believe that the UK asset management industry gains hugely from the Single Market.
“The whole EU Asset Management industry continues to keep the interests of investors at the heart of its work and to maintain the UK industry's prominent role in policy formation within the EU framework.”
For further information please contact:
About the Investment Management Association:
- The IMA is the trade body for asset managers (retail and institutional) who manage £4.2 trillion of assets in the UK as at December 2011.
- Our role is to support and promote a commercially successful and growing UK investment management industry as we seek to improve financial outcomes for customers – savers and investors.
- The money our members manage is in a wide variety of investment vehicles including authorised investment funds, pension funds and stocks and shares ISAs.
- The UK is the second largest investment management centre in the world, after the US.
- The IMA has recently launched a consumer website providing comprehensive information on investment funds.
EFAMA is the representative association for the European investment management industry. EFAMA represents through its 26 member associations and 60 corporate members approximately EUR 14 trillion in assets under management of which EUR 8.7 trillion was managed by approximately 54,000 funds at end September 2012. 35,600 of these funds were UCITS (Undertakings for Collective Investments in Transferable Securities) funds. For more information about EFAMA, please visit www.efama.org.